Regular check-in time starts at 3pm, and checkout time is at 10am. If you need an early check-in or late checkout, then either select your required time in the online check-in form we will send you once you confirm your reservation, or just give us a call and our staff can make those changes for you. We need at least 24 hours notice to change the check-in or checkout time.
At Zodiak Stays, we offer two check-in methods that you can choose from in the online check-in form you will be sent once your booking is confirmed.
1. Self Check-in Lockbox Method: You pick up your key from a lockbox located at one of our CBD check-in locations (for most apartments), or you pick up a key from a lockbox located at the property (for most houses or units). Double-check the specific property listing information on where the lockbox will be located for each property as we have multiple locations around the CBD. With this method, you can check-in at any time, day or night!
2. Personal Check Method: One of our friendly staff can meet you at the property and help you check-in. This method depends on staff availability though, and is only available until 9pm. You can pay for this extra service in the online check-in form.
We provide towels, bed linen, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, instant coffee, tea, sugar, salt/pepper, toilet roll, tissue boxes, kitchen roll, laundry powder, dishwashing tablets, and cleaning products. All of our toiletries and cleaning products are from EcoStore (a high quality eco-friendly NZ brand), and all of our paper products are made from bamboo instead of regular tissue paper. The number of towels and amenities provided depends on the number of people that can sleep in the property (see the specific property listing for property specific information).
Once you have confirmed your booking and made the payment online, you will be sent an online check-in form via email that you will need to complete before your check-in day. This will ask you to submit your ID, card details for a security deposit, ask what check-in method you would like, sign a rental agreement detailing the house rules, and some other basic information. It should take you about 5 minutes to complete and then you'll be set to go!
The security deposit amount will depend on the size of the property you are booking - this information can be found on the property listing. We place a hold on the specified deposit amount so it never leaves your bank account (unless we have to charge it!) The security deposit hold is automatically released after we have inspected the property after your checkout, but it can take up to 10 working days for the funds to become available for use in your bank account again.
As our properties are not part of a hotel and are usually surrounded by regular residential properties, we need all of our guests to follow the house rules to make sure we don't disturb other residents or the building management. If you are booking an apartment, then you will also be sent the building rules specific for your apartment building, but below are the general house rules that apply to all of our managed properties.
- No events or parties.
- No loud noise between 9pm and 9am.
- No smoking or vaping inside the property or in outdoor areas belonging to the property.
- You must not invite more guests to the property so that the maximum number of guests for that property is exceeded.
- If you are locked out, we will charge you a callout fee to come let you back into the property. Please keep you keys safe!
- If you lose your keys, you will be charged the replacement cost. Please keep you keys safe!
- You must keep the premises reasonably clean and tidy.
- Strictly no pets are permitted at any time at any of our properties.
- The full Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement can be found in the online check-in form we will send to you once the reservation is confirmed.